I based my recipe off of the Curried Pumpkin Soup I found in the Everything Vegan Cookbook but I tried a few substitutes to match what I had in the house. Nonetheless, It came out amazing! I'll be sharing my version with you just below:
What I used:
1 small yellow diced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 15 ounce can organic pumpkin
3 cups vegetable broth
2 bay leaves
1 Tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup coconut milk
The 4 steps I took:
1) Simmer onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes
2) Add pumpkin and vegetable broth and stir well to combine. Add bay leaves, curry, cumin, and ginger.
3) Cover and cook for 15 minutes, medium heat
4)Reduce heat to low and add coconut milk, stirring to combine. Let cook for another 5 minutes
You're ready to serve!
Ahem, this looks beyond delicious and how dare you not save me some?
ReplyDeleteI can make it again!!! That's why I wrote it down on this thing ;)
Delete