Here's what I gathered:
- 2 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of a lime wedge
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Box of hard taco shells (also good with soft shells)
While that's going on, I make the guacamole. I'm still experimenting with my guac recipe and there are a bunch of variations. Personally, I like to keep the tomatoes out of the equation and add them later to the completed dish. I do, however, mix in everything else with the mashed up avacado- garlic, the remaining onion, jalapeno, and cilantro; all minced. I'll top it off with lime juice and viola! (does Italian hand gesture.)
The last step is to dice the tomato, heat up the beans, and get the shells ready to be stuffed! This recipe would also be great over a bowl of brown rice if you wanted to ditch the shells or change it up for leftovers.
If anyone tries this recipe out, let me know what you think! My boyfriend's parents tried it and loved it so much they made it for dinner twice in a row. It's easy and quick, but beware: it does leave a pile of dishes in the sink.
No comments:
Post a Comment